They might not be the most interesting of topics, but pensions are one of the most important things to plan. They are not exactly the kind of thing you can leave until the last minute, after all!
We know that pensions talk can be full of off-putting jargon, and that the introduction of new changes seems to just add to the confusion. That’s why, we take the time to explain everything that could affect your pension and retirement plans, in plain English.
So, what do we do?
Put simply, we want you to be able to stop working when it suits you, with the finance in place to support your desired lifestyle throughout retirement.
In April 2015, the new Pension Freedoms rules were introduced to give people greater flexibility and choice surrounding what they could do with their pension savings.
Pension Freedoms mean that you no longer have to purchase an Annuity with your pension pot, so, there is now far greater flexibility and choice, and ultimately this means better value for money from your retirement savings.
We can help you explore your options and make sure you choose the right one for you, and your future aspirations.
To do this, we:
- Find out the when, and how of your dream retirement
- Obtaining your current state pension forecast (which you can do yourself using the link provided)
- Look at your existing pension pots
- Check up on any pensions which have not been reviewed for more than 12 months
- Align your current position with your objectives
- Create a plan which will help you to achieve your dream retirement lifestyle
- Help you to carry out that plan and stay on track